One of the most popular public sector banks of India is Bank of Baroda. It has several numbers of branches throughout India and BOB provides its customers the latest facilities like Bank of Baroda SMS banking. With the help of this process, you can now check your account balance, update yourself about the latest transactions and also get information about the status of your cheque. This provision of balance enquiry helps the customer to be updated about his or her account always without having to update his or her passbook. The mini statement details make the transaction process easier as the customer successfully learns if the money debited or credited is sent or added already or if the transaction is pending at any end.
What are the features of BOB SMS Banking?
- People who are registered customers of BOB can avail this facility.
- To receive your mini statement, your balance enquiry or your update on the status of your cheque, you have to just send SMS through your registered number to ‘5616150’. There are several words; i.e., specific keywords to be sent on this number to get the above mentioned information.
- Since you have already submitted a number while opening your account in BOB, you automatically become eligible for the BOB SMS banking facility. You have to use your registered mobile number only to avail the facility.
- To get the information, you will be charged only Rs. 3 per SMS.
The Bank of Baroda SMS banking application is designed in such a way that as soon as the customer sends a message asking for any of the information like balance, transaction details or status update of a cheque, the system will tally the four digits (which is the last 4 digits of the user’s account number) sent from the mobile number with the bank accounts registered under BOB. On tallying, whatever response is gained by the system, it forwards it as a reply to the customer’s SMS request. If the four digits that are sent don’t match with the last four digits of your account, then a error message accordingly to the purpose shall be sent to you. Remember, that you cannot avail this facility if you do not have a registered mobile number attached with your account details.
What the SMS types that you can send to gain information with BOB SMS banking facility?
- For balance enquiry: type in uppercase; BAL (then give a space) and then enter the last four digits of your account number. This has to be typed as a normal text message and should be sent on ‘5616150’
- For obtaining mini statement: type in uppercase; MIN (then give a space) and then enter the last four digits of your account number. This has to be typed as a normal text message and should be sent on ‘5616150’
- For getting the status update of your dispatched cheque: type in uppercase; CHEQ (then give a space) and then enter the last four digits of your account number. This has to be typed as a normal text message and should be sent on ‘5616150’