The state renowned International Bank which handles all kinds of international banking and financial serves is Bank of Baroda. Bank of Baroda renowned by India has its headquarters in Navi, Mumbai (which was originally known as Baroda and was in Gujarat). Bank of Baroda is the second largest bank network of India, State Bank of India being the largest. Holding total assets of 3.58 million rupees spread of 5493 branches all over India and 10441 ATMs, this bank has been ranked 801 in the Forbes Global 2000 list.
History of Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda was originally founded by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, the maharaja of Baroda on July 20, 1908. After two years, the bank began spreading with its first branch in Ahmedabad. Then it slowly started growing within India during and after the Second World War. After that it started started spreading in Kenya and Uganda for the Indians living there. Soont he BoB (Bank of Baroda) made their large branch in London 1950s to handle the British common wealth. After the partition BoB lost its branch in Narayanganj which went to east Pakistan. The first acquisition of BoB was in 1940s and it acquired Hind Bank in Kolkata (then Calcutta) Then the bank its acclaim to be a nationalised bank 0n 19th of July in the year 1969. Since then the Government of India designates it under the Public profit making sector undertaking. In 1970s BOB did spread his branch to the Middle East like Abu Dhabi and Dubai. In this way BoB kept spreading its branch. In the recent past, 40% of the Malaysian Consortium Bank is held by Bank of Baroda.
The corporate social responsibility of Bank of Baroda
The basic corporate social responsibilities carried out by the Bank of Baroda setting up the Baroda Swarojgar Vikas Sansthans are:
- Training the youth and helping them to create and build up ventures which are self-employable.
- Projects including rural development and training the youth to carry out such development programmes.
- Developing and inculcating the attitude in the youth so that they try and build up such ventures and have a positive attitude towards such prospects and also helping them to get the credit facilities so that they can set up such projects.
- Holding various training programmes both independently and with collaboration of already established rural development plans and programmes.
- Providing consultancy and guidance to the youth so that they can be brave enough to build self-employable ventures and rural development plans.
The bank of Baroda also established the Baroda Grameen Paramarsh Kendras which will help people of the rural areas to understand the various financial prospects that they can get help from. These departments help people to get the financial education and inclusion so that they the follow the various credit facilities available for them. The credit counselling, solving technical problems, information about eh various technical problems are few other areas that the Kendras deal with. These Kendras help people to avoid any financial mess and help people who are going through a financial distress. This is a CSR initiative.
The process to User Registration for the first time for net banking in BOB:
Step 2 :- Under the box providing quick links,. You shall get the link for internet banking which provide both corporate and retail net banking. Choose the option as you need
Step 3 :- You shall be asked if you are new user. After you confirm you shall get a dialog box to fill up your Id.
Step 4 :- After you are directed to the nest page choose the correct option confirming that it is the registration for net banking and then feed your account information. You can do the same for mobile banking.
Step 5:- To move to the next page, click on the option ‘verify’. After the verification is done, you shall be given two options to choose from; ‘view only’ (used for just checking the balance) and ‘view and transaction’ (allows you to check your balance and also carry out transactions). Choose as you need.
Step 6 :– Next you are directed to the page where you enter your debit card information.
Step 7 :– You go the next page then where you feed in your login and transaction password. The password should fulfill the criteria of 6 to 28 characters including alphabets, symbols and numbers.
Finally you shall receive the message that you are successfully registered and your passwords shall flash before you. Remember to keep a note of the passwords in case of emergency. This completes your online registration process for net banking in BoB.
Logging in to carry out the Net Banking process for both Corporate and retail in Bank of Baroda
The LOGIN Procedure for Net Banking goes as:
Step 1 :-Open the official site of BoB Net Banking; bobibanking.com
Step 2 :- You will see two option for retail or corporate. Select the option which is appropriate for you.
Step 3 :-The next page shall ask for your Id. Enter the information and then click on continue.
Step 4 :-In case you are using it for the first time, you have to agree on the terms and condition provided to you by them. Then you are directed to the next page where they collect the answers of the security questions ( you shall need them at times when you misplace your password) and then the final page shall ask you to confirm a text that will appear before you by re-typing it. After this you shall be logged in successfully.
Points to be kept in mind:
- It is necessary to change the login password after passing of every year and the password for the transaction should be changed after 180 days.
- Activate your BoB net banking facility within 180 days (after that it shall expire) after you receive your address and Id at your postal address.
- Due to any kind of wrong credentials if oyur accrount has been deactivated, contact your nearest BoB branch immediately.
- Never share any account information if asked because no bank asks for any such information.
- Call the toll free number of BoB or any kind of help which is at your service 24X7.